Is Your Executive Director’s Son Taking Care of Your IT?
Does He Have What It Takes to Keep Your Business Safe OR Even Compliant?
Who do you call when you need IT support? Your executive director’s 19-year-old son? Your accountant’s sister-in-law who “went to school for computers”? Your next-door neighbour who’s always on his smartphone?
Too many businesses cut corners when it comes to IT by turning to a friend or family member for IT support, and they end up regretting it. It might seem like a good solution at first – a cheap (if not free) way to fix the nasty computer problem slowing you down, without the hassle of hiring a real IT technician.
But don’t be fooled.
Businesses that turn to this kind of support quickly find themselves overrun with problems that their “experts” just don’t know how to fix:
- Repeating errors that create massive amounts of downtime and come back even after they’re “fixed”
- Lost data from improperly configured backup systems
- Missed emails lost because of mismanaged spam filters
- Security gaps and malware infections caused by bad firewall setup
And if your business needs to be compliant with regulations like PCI or HIPAA, you could be facing massive penalties for having untrained and unauthorized technicians accessing vital data!
The truth is that businesses that rely on family members, friends, and neighbours for IT support aren’t saving money – they’re losing it from all the problems created by well-meaning but inexperienced help. Even worse, they’re risking their REPUTATION with every IT issue that goes unsolved because of shoddy support.
You can ensure you get the right IT support for your needs without hiring a full-time IT specialist. The team at Owia Technology is your outsourced IT department – a complete extension of your business that provides everything you need from IT:
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance to stop problems before they start
- Professional support from technicians that solve problems permanently
- Security procedures that protect your important data from theft or loss
- Regular meetings with an IT director to help you budget and plan for the future
- And more
All that for a flat-rate monthly fee that’s easy to budget for and ensures you’re never stuck when you need the computers to work.
Contact us at (571) 499-4349 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how much better IT is with the professionals on your side.