Help Desk Technician Needed In The Washington, DC Region
The Help Desk Technician will act as the first point of contact for end users seeking problem resolution at one or more of Owia Technology’s clients. The position requires a basic level of familiarity with Windows and Macintosh technologies and a willingness to learn rapidly. A professional, personable demeanor is essential as is a relentless dedication to customer service. Our Client is willing to train the right candidate in specific products and/or technologies.
This position is perfect for people seeking to find the right work/life balance. Our Client offers an exciting work environment with an interesting client base. You will be working with cutting edge products and high profile clients, most of which are located in downtown Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will be intelligent, flexible and willing to go the extra mile to solve problems. Advanced people and communications skills and are likewise critical to success.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility is user support and customer service. Candidates will be available to users requiring technical assistance via e-mail, phone, helpdesk ticketing system and in-person.
- Travel to one or more client sites to provide in-person support, conduct basic maintenance and assist with more complex projects such as hardware deployment.
- Follow standard help desk operating procedures, which include tracking and resolution of all issues.
- Routine maintenance on PC hardware, applications, operating systems, printers, and other peripherals.
- Documenting and improving support and other processes.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal consultant.
- At least 2 years’ experience in providing support to users in a work environment.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in information technology.
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Strong knowledge of commonplace business software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat products; basic Internet applications such as web browsers, web-based email.
- Knowledge and ability configuring and maintaining PC and/or Apple end-user computer hardware (and OS).
- Familiarity with basic networking (TCP/IP and WiFi) technologies.
- Willingness and ability to rapidly learn about new products, services and client needs.
- Degree or relevant certifications preferred.
- Direct experience in helpdesk or IT support roles.
- Familiarity with Macintosh hardware and Mac OS.
- Knowledge of Windows system and/or network administration.
- Basic hardware repair experience.
- Familiarity with mobile devices and other smartphone technology.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN/telecommunication technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server technology, particularly Windows 2008/2012 and Microsoft Office365.
- Cloud computing and virtual computing experience.
- Basic knowledge of information and computer security.
Owia Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Send your resume and references to: email@example.com