OWIA Technology Partners With Boys and Girls Club to Offer IT Education to Washington Area Kids
OWIA Technology Offers IT Education to Help Youth in Washington Understand the Wonders of Technology !
The team at OWIA Technology is thrilled to announce our partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington (BGCGW) to deliver amazing sessions on Information Technology as part of their S.T.E.A.M. program.
The S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) program is designed to help children get a head start in the sciences and arts, and is an important way of encouraging creativity and growth in today’s youth. A major part of S.T.E.A.M. is information technology, and Owia Technology is second to none when it comes to the wonders of IT, which makes us the perfect choice to provide IT education.
That’s why we’ve partnered with BGCGW to create an exciting curriculum to introduce children to the power of IT. We’re planning a series of Technology 101 sessions, which will deliver a fun and informative experience:
- Taking computers apart to learn the basics of how they work
- Understanding the processes of how all the parts of a computer are made
- Introductions to different careers in IT, including engineering, software, coding, manufacturing, electrical, and more
- Showing how the bones of programming and software come together to make exciting products like video games and Internet browsers
- Safety tips to use tools like the Internet properly
- And more!
By creating a modern IT curriculum for the S.T.E.A.M. program, we’re helping to craft future leaders. The children we help educate today will be ready to take control of IT in their careers and their personal lives, and help create a better future for us all. We can’t wait to get started!