Urgent: Update Adobe, Now!
After reading this, you will wonder why you didn’t listen to the title in the first place. Adobe Flash is needed on all computers that are connected to the Internet. It provides browsers with the ability to view multimedia, run amazing applications, and stream video and audio. But there’s a problem, and here it is.
Adobe has been contacted by a third-party company to update Adobe Flash because of a hole found in the programing. Hackers can exploit this threat to gain access to information or install malware in your computers. It is a problem with certain versions of the software, and includes all major operating systems. These versions are:
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 and earlier versions
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier 13.x versions
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.528 and earlier versions for Linux
Believe it or not, it’s much simpler than you think. First, click this link and find out what version of Adobe flash you have. If it is not one included in the list or you use Google Chrome, you are safe. If it is follow these steps:
- Go into the Adobe Download Centre, here
- Update to the latest version and don’t forget to select Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)
- Open Flash on your computer
- Select automatic update or check for updates
Prevention from Similar Issues
There are many ways you can protect yourself from manually downloading these patches. First, contact our team of IT experts – we offer patch management to help you always stay updated. Keep in mind, never go without updates, as they can cause serious security flaws and intruders can have access to your data.
Worried about security issues that will inevitably come up in the future? Protect yourself by giving us a call at (571) 499-4349 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Owia Technology, we are here for the times you need us!